Because of eutrophication (water body aging) successfully managing nuisance algae and improving water quality can be difficult. Other copper-based algaecides—such as the old standard, copper sulfate—can control some algae present but do nothing to address phosphorus and water quality. Thus, management can turn into a cycle of application, temporary improvement and rapid regrowth, with no progress toward long-term water quality improvement.
Granular Algaecide and Water Quality Enhancer SeClear G by SePro 50 Pound
- Treats the algae present and provides algae control – surface and bottom algae including Chara
- Filamentous (Mat-forming)
- Planktonic (suspended, scum forming)
- Macrophytic (Chara, Nitella, Starry Stonewort)
- Reduces the amount of available phosphorous and suspended solids with each application
- Allows for longer intervals between applications
- Enhances water quality by reducing available phosphorous
- Easy to use broadcast formula – typical application rate 15-25 lbs./acre
- For best results apply in spring at first sight of algae growth and continue as a maintenance program every 2-4 weeks regardless if algae is present or not
- 50 Pounds granular
- Planktonic (suspended/scum forming) 0.1-1.0 PPM Metallic Copper – 1.8-18 lbs. product/acre foot (apply higher rates on heavy blooms and where algae masses are clumped and accumulated)
- Filamentous (mat-forming) 0.2-1.0 PPM Metalic Copper – 3.6-18 lbs. product/acre foot (apply higher rates on surface on benthic mats of species such as Pithophora, Cladorphora, Spirogyra, Lyngbya, and Hydrodictyon)
- Macrophytic (Chara, Nitella, Starry Stonewort) 0.4-1 PPM Metallic Copper – 7.2-18.0 lbs. product/acre foot (apply higher rates on older, established calcified plants, apply as close to algae growth as possible)
- Greater than 50% coverage – Spot treat with SeClear-G
- Less than 50% coverage – Treat entire area of algal coverage
- if your pond is 75% covered, treat only 1/2 of the algae then treat the opposite half 14 days later
- In hot weather, when fish are stressed, treat only 1/4-1/3 of the algae infestation at a time waiting 14 days between follow up treatments
Application Rate Calculation: acre feet x desired metallic copper ppm x 18.0 = pounds of product to be applied
Flowing water rates consult label
Due to governmental restrictions, we do not ship EPA registered herbicides and algaecides to the following states: AK, CA, CT, DE, HI, NH, NJ, MA, MD, ME, OR, RI, WA, & VT. *Restricted use pesticide in Michigan and New York. Must provide a copy of your pesticides applicators license prior to purchasing this product in Michigan or New York.
See Product Label and Safety Data Sheet below for all usage directions. Use only as directed.
|Dimensions||12 x 12 x 16 in|
|Custom Label 0||
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.