Captain XTR is optimized to increase the penetration of copper (INFUSION) into algae cells and enhance efficacy. Great choice for tough to control mat forming, colonial and mucilaginous species!
- Double chelated copper algaecide
- Algae control 3-7 days after proper application
- Can also be used as an herbicide on submersed weeds with copper susceptibility
- Use in still or flowing aquatic sites
- Immediate water safety – water treated with Captain XTR may be used for swimming, fishing, stock watering, and irrigation of turf, fairways, putting greens, and ornamental plants immediately following application
- 9% Double Chelated Copper
- 1 Gallon
- Use only as directed
- Treat when growth first begins to appear (if possible) or when target vegetation is actively growing
- Apply in a manner that will ensure even distribution of product within the treatment area
- Use high-pressure surface spray to break up dense floating algal mats
Due to governmental restrictions, we do not ship EPA registered herbicides and algaecides to the following states: AK, CA, CT, DE, HI, NH, NJ, MA, MD, ME, OR, RI, WA, & VT. *Restricted use pesticide in Michigan and New York. Must provide a copy of your pesticides applicators license prior to purchasing this product in Michigan or New York.
This item is available for retail store pick up or specialized handling shipping. HAZMAT shipping and handling required, please contact us at 800-689-5253 for an estimate.
Note: treatment of aquatic weeds and algae can result in oxygen loss from decomposition of dead algae and weeds. To minimize this hazard, do not treat more than 1/2 of the water body to avoid oxygen depletion due to decaying vegetation and wait 14 days between treatments. Begin treatment along the shore and proceed outwards in bands to allow fish to move into untreated areas.